- Shungite is said to be around 2 billion years old. It is an extraordinarily positive stone, and using it may bring you a variety of blessings.
- It was discovered in the village of Shunga, in Russia, which is where it gets its name.
- Shungite is a black stone made mostly of carbon, the same element that forms both graphite and diamonds.
- Shungite, being made of very similar atomic structures to charcoal (that is, mostly carbon) can have similar benefits on a psychic level to what charcoal has on a physical level – it cleans and cleanses impurities.
This is an amazing stone, and one that is beneficial to a healthy life.
- It contains powerful anti-oxidants.
- This stone will cleanse water
- Shungite has metaphysical properties that make it useful for both healing and protection.
- Black is almost always the colour of protection in western magic, as it is said to cloak the subject of the spell in darkness so that bad luck cannot find them. Shungite healing properties span the board from purity to protection.
- Shungite has electricity conducting properties. These shungite properties are also known to aid in the inhibiting of EMFs, or electromagnetic fields, that are the result of electromagnetic radiation
- It is well documented that certain forms of carbon can have beneficial effects – activated charcoal is the perfect example, as it’s currently very trendy in health and beauty products.
- It can be used to help remove negative people or bad luck from your life, or on a more practical note, can help in easing anxiety, insomnia, and even inflammation or acne.